maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Benedict" <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC5
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 04:15:49 GMT
When I reinstalled 2.0.10-RC5, it ran fine. Then I realized my
reinstall didn't include my custom settings.xml, but once I put that
back into /conf, everything went bonkers again. So that's where the
problem is.

You can reproduce the problem by doing the following:
- Edit the original settings.xml that comes with Maven
- Within <profiles>, add this:

<profile>
  <activation>
    <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
  </activation>
</profile>

The exception from my previous email should then be given:
java.lang.ClassCastException: Settings.addActiveProfiles(string)
parameter must be instanceof java.lang.String

Paul