maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Benedict" <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Maven invoker plugin: how is it useful?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 01:52:09 GMT
I work in a team that heavily writes unit and integration tests.
Typically, our unit tests end in *Test and our integration tests end
in *ITest (*HibernateITest, *MailITest, etc.). We put integration
tests into a profile so they run only when requested.

So I've been reading the Invoker documentation and it claims it is
useful. Why is it useful? I don't understand what the purpose of
creating separate projects for integration testing. I understand how
that's useful for Maven's own integration testing (gotta test project
configs), but how for the rest of Java developers? Can someone expound
upon it? Is it just a preference? Is there an actual purpose?

Thanks,
Paul