maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Moore" <patmo...@amplafi.com>
Subject Re: what happened to the plugin snapshots....
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 02:45:11 GMT
Of course this means that the maven team is imposing their idea of good
process on the other apache projects like tapestry which was also impacted
by this ...

I could understand this if the release occurs. (i.e. if 2.2 is released then
the 2.2-SNAPSHOT could be reasonably expected to be discarded)

part of the process of tracking down a bug involves going back to known
states of the code. Using the snapshots to diagnose when a bug appeared is
useful as people move toward a release.....something to think about.

Just my 2c....

clearly I will need to isolate my project in the future from the official
maven repos ... probably should do it anyhow but would have preferred to do
it later....

-Pat