maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Tamás Cservenák" <ta...@cservenak.net>
Subject Re: Latency of syncs in Nexus with central
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 15:02:37 GMT
Hi there,

The problem is more how is central repo in public group on our Nexus served:

Central is _not_ proxied by Nexus, but is rsynced from repo1.maven.org
to repository.sonatype.org, and it is served from there by Nexus as
"hosted" repo. The problem is probably our rsync process (not [yet]
fired, or something).

Also, according logs, you points to at Hudson, shows that the 1.5.6
pom was there, but the jar was not. Hence, i think it is 99% the
rsync.

Not that this solves your failed build, just explaining what happens
"behind the curtains" :)

~t~

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Benjamin Bentmann
<benjamin.bentmann@udo.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does the Nexus instance serving our Hudson have a certain latency with
> regard to catching up with central? I am wondering since CI failed [0] on
> maven-invoker which I updated to use the just released plexus-utils:1.5.6
> [1]
>

> Benjamin
>

> [0]
> https://ci.sonatype.org/job/maven-shared/185/org.apache.maven.shared$maven-invoker/console