maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2.1.0 GA Plan
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:51:50 GMT
The question is at what point do you say "no new stuff" on 2.1?  IMO,
there needs to be a fair amount of time for "unstable" things to be
introduced in 2.1 before a formal release is made.  In other words, I'd
like to see a process where we have a branch that is stable and a branch
in "development mode". When the development mode branch is marked stable
a new development branch should be created. At the same time the old
stable branch should be retired.  Thus the length of time a branch is in
development mode should be long enough that the stable branches have a
reasonable life span.

In short, I like the milestone approach as it is a clear signal to users
that things are somewhat subject to change.

Ralph