maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Nick Stolwijk" <nick.stolw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggest : option to replace snapshot "timestamp" with buildnumber
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:39:33 GMT
I admit, it is not a really good way of doing this. We used this with
internal projects, with our own repository. Mostly when we bumped into a
solved issue, which was not already released. I checked out the trunk,
changed the version numbers to something like
<current-trunk-version>-<company-name>-<revisionnumber>, added the
distributionManagement for our own repository and ran a mvn deploy.

I would prefer more, quicker releases also, but this is a workable work
around.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.
Claus Sluterweg 125
2012 WS Haarlem
www.iprofs.nl

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:31 PM, nicolas de loof <nicolas@apache.org> wrote:

> Maybe I'm wrong, but this requires me to commit (to use the release plugin)
> the original POM !
>
> 2008/8/13 Nick Stolwijk <nick.stolwijk@gmail.com>
>
> > The other option would be to create a release of the plugin in your own
> > repository, with an own version number.
> >
> > Hth,
> >
> > Nick Stolwijk
> > ~Java Developer~
> >
> > Iprofs BV.
> > Claus Sluterweg 125
> > 2012 WS Haarlem
> > www.iprofs.nl
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:20 PM, nicolas de loof <nicolas@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > The option is to allow timestamp for SNAPSHOT dependencies, considering
> > the
> > > timestamp jar will not be updated as a SNAPSHOT would, and so the build
> > > get's reproductible ... until the snapshot repo gets cleaned !
> > >
> > > The idea is interesting as we hardly get plugin releases, and have no
> > > roadmap for them, so a project that requires a bug fix has no other
> > option

> > >  Cool!

> just
> > > an