maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Arnaud HERITIER" <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ITs launched by default in plugins builds ?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:21:56 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Vincent Siveton <vincent.siveton@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Arnaud,
>
> 2008/8/13 Arnaud HERITIER <aheritier@gmail.com>:
> > We don't have everybody replies but here is the current result.
> >
> > In favor to have ITs launched by default in the build :
> > Olivier, Vincent S,
> >
> > In favor to have ITs launched on demand in the build :
> > Brian, Brett, Wendy, Barrie, Jason (told me on IRC), myself
> >
> > Any others opinions ?
> >
> > With our new settings ITs are launched only by calling your build the
> > profile "run-its".
>
> Maybe we could please everybody by adding a setting parameter: we
> already did it in the past [1].
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vincent
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-ant-plugin/pom.xml?view=diff&r1=683661&r2=683662&pathrev=683662

Hi Vincent,

A property activation like skipTests != true will activate the IT profile by
default.
Those who want to always launch them can already add in theirs settings the
run-its profile as an activeProfile
We can use another property like run-its= true but it we'll just replace the
-P run-its by -Drun-its=true

WDYT ?