maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Benedict" <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comments / Ideas for MNG-3244
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 03:34:07 GMT
I find it strange that software would react differently simply because
someone upgraded the POM version. It should act differently if a different
setting is specified.

My recommendation is:
1) Solve it the correct way. Change the plugin/component to generate the
paths in the fashion intended. Allow a configuration setting to revert
behavior.
2) In the superpom, default to the new plugin/component version.
3) If corporations want the old behavior, they can override it in their
corporate pom.

Paul