maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: Looking for regressions from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:56:30 GMT
If you're suggesting that you used to control which profile was
activated via the <properties/> section of the POM, I'd be very
interested in seeing a test case that is broken for 2.0.8. If it ever
worked, it must have been some unplanned side effect of intermingling
POM properties and system properties, though I didn't think they were
ever combined to that extent. Profile activation via POM property is
one of the great pending problems with profile triggering, in that
the current designs (both in Maven 2.0.x and Maven 2.1/trunk) don't
allow for it yet.

I've been down that road a long ways toward figuring out what it
would take, and its influenced my approach to the recent maven-
workspace stuff I committed, but IIRC this never worked in Maven
2.anything.

Please, please prove me wrong. I'd really like to see how it worked.

-john

On Mar 4, 2008, at 11:45 AM, nicolas de loof wrote:

> Not sure if this has allready been reported :
>
> I used in maven 2.0.7 to switch beetween two profiles by using POM
> level
> properties:
>
> <profile>
>      <id>release</id>
>      <properties>
>          <foo>bar</foo>
>      <properties>
> <profile>
>
> <profile>
>      <id>dev</id>
>      <activation>
>          <property>
>              <name>!foo</name>
>          <property>
>      </activation>
> <profile>
>
> Base on this, the dev profile is allways enabled on dev
> environment, and
> automagically disable if I builf with "-Prelease".
>
> This doesn't work anymore on maven 2.0.8.
>
> Nico.
>

> 2008/3/4, Brian E. Fox <brianf@reply.infinity.nu>:
>>
>> We are getting ready to close out the 2.0.9 release. Are there any
>> regressions in 2.0.8 in Jira not already scheduled for 2.0.9[1]?
>>

>> Now is also the time to make your pleas for other critical issues
>> that
>> must get into 2.0.9. We're available in irc.codehaus.org #maven if
>> you
>> want to raise something interactively, or reply to this email.
>>

>> [1]
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
>> reset=true&&fixfor=1
>> 3801&pid=10500&resolution=-1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Brian

---
John Casey