maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Toolchains version 1.0
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:00:55 GMT

On 1-Mar-08, at 3:22 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Actually, now I'm confused... looking at commits it's being re-
> integrated into the trunk and branches (Which seems like a good
> thing to me).
>
> Is this release needed any more Milos? Should we just pull it out?

We should practice what we preach, in that no one else can retract
mistakes and it should stay and Milos release it again. I just told
someone on the repo-maintainers list they couldn't change or pull
mistakes.

> - Brett
>
> On 02/03/2008, at 10:17 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> It's a bit tricky. I suggest we vote on what got synced out. If for
>> any reason the release must be pulled it can be and the next one
>> will need to be version 1.0.1 or something.
>>
>> I'l take a look today/tomorrow.
>>
>> - Brett
>>
>> On 02/03/2008, at 9:12 AM, Tomasz Pik wrote:

>>> Hmm, doesn't this location means that vote may be considered as
>>> 'passed'
>>> because this has been synced to main repo:
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-toolchain/1.0/
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tomek

>> --
>> Brett Porter
>> brett@apache.org
>> http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more
examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

-- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks