maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wagon changes and WebDAV
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:05:12 GMT

On 29/03/2008, at 2:04 AM, John Casey wrote:

> Here's a question:
>
> Could we specify the wagon-webdav in the super-POM as a build
> extension? Even if there are no project POMs in the current build,
> the super POM should be built, right? Also, I would think (though
> I'd have to investigate to be sure) that respecifying the wagon-
> webdav build extension with a new version would override through
> inheritance, working similarly to the way the pinned-down plugin
> stuff is meant to work.
>
> Obviously, the webdav stuff as it is today may not be a great
> candidate for this sort of inclusion, but maybe this would be a
> decent approach for the next release.
>
> I'm still reading through this thread, but this just occurred to me
> and I wanted to bring it up.

Unfortunately I think this has an unwanted side effect. Because you
can only load an extension once in the build, it would mean if you
wanted to override it, it would have to be in the root of the reactor
build (or a parent of that). If you happen to declare it in the child,
the super POM will be used instead, which is probably a bit confusing.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org