maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wagon changes and WebDAV
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 00:40:33 GMT

On 01/03/2008, at 11:30 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

>> Yes, I'm generally in favour of the proposal - it is how we've
>> always wanted it to work.
>>

> I'm just chucking out ideas.

Yep, I just meant in reference to not needing to distribute stuff in
the core.

>> - I don't see any point of putting the deploy plugin version in
>> there - the standard mechanism is fine.
>>

> It may not be the deploy plugin if it became a core version
> component, but what do you mean by the standard mechanism? In <build/
> > and <distributionManagement/> or do you mean the auto version
> selection?

Yeah, I think it's worth continuing to use the deploy plugin and
specifying it in the <build/> section (along with version and
configuration), but maybe scoping it back to the alternate deployment
scenarios (like altDeploymentRepository, deploy-file), and pushing
more of the standard configuration into distributionManagement like
you indicated (And that functionality into the core component if
relevant).

Cheers,
Brett

--