maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comments on MNG-2123 (version specification issues)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:51:53 GMT
The test case provided at the end seems like a different issue to the
one Carlos originally described. I would suggest cloning the issue for
that and it looks like the original report is either already fixed or
easy to come up with a test case. Carlos?

For the example given below, I believe 3.2 is equivalent to 3.2.0 in
the system, so is certainly > 3.1.99. Since (at present), 3.2
represents a suggestion and not a requirement, the original range
should be returned, and later the latest release within that range
should be selected. If 3.2 where expressed as a hard requirement, it
should throw an exception.

Cheers,
Brett

--