maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Review plugin-tools groupId and version
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:01:04 GMT
I think that bringing them together under a group is ok, but I don't
think they should be versioned together. The tools are mostly
independent and updating one shouldn't mean it has to wait for bugs in
the other before being released. That's the opposite of agile...

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Siveton [mailto:vincent.siveton@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 6:39 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: [Discuss] Review plugin-tools groupId and version

Hi,

I noticed that due to [1], the groupId for
maven-plugin-testing-harness is no more org.apache.maven.shared.
Moreover, we will do a jump from 1.1 to 2.4 [2].
Similar problems occur for maven-plugin-tools-* and only
maven-plugin-plugin is not affected by this version pb.

I propose to create a new groupId: org.apache.maven.plugint-tools.

Thoughts?

Vincent

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=589478
[2]