maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: Comments / Ideas for MNG-3244
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:22:37 GMT

>As I understand your proposal, the don't-append-marker would vanish
after
>the first inheritance step, re-enabling the default behavior for all
>descendant POMs?

You're right, it probably won't work that way. I was thinking the
behavior info would be available throughout the inheritance process, but
removed after...but then you couldn't inherit from a deployed pom.

I'm not convinced adding a flag to the pom will help because we have so
many different urls (site, scm, distro) and I don't think a global
switch for all of them is what people want.