maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject Comments / Ideas for MNG-3244
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:10:50 GMT
MNG-3244 is one of the most popular issues in the queue for 2.0.9 (was
also in 2.0.8 but got bumped). The issue is that url inheritance as
documented says that only urls ending in / will be inherited in the
normal way by appending the artifactid to the end of the url. The
trouble is that fixing it this way is going to break tons of builds (I
know because I tried the patch and then lots of stuff broke and had to
revert it). So clearly / won't work as an indicator. Doing nothing is
also not going to work.

My only thought is to use some other identifier at the end of the url to
indicate NOT to prepend the artifact and to strip the indicator.
Something like:

url-blahblah// or url-blahblah/## becomes url-blahblah.

Naturally in 2.1 we need to fix this in a better way, probably with a
flag in the pom and we would deprecate this behavior immediately.
Comments or other ideas?