maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Comments on MNG-2123 (version specification issues)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 23:20:10 GMT
It should throw a message with a range that would allow the build to
work. So the user can cut and paste that and try that. Picking the
RELEASE in the case of a conflict just doesn't make any sense.

On 3-Mar-08, at 3:05 PM, William Ferguson wrote:

>> If 3.2 where (sic) expressed as a hard requirement, it should throw
>> an
> exception.
>
> Yes, but not a NullPointer.
> The reason for the failure needs to be clear and unambiguous.
>
> William

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is
not worth knowing.

-— Alan Perlis