maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Benjamin Bentmann" <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: Comments / Ideas for MNG-3244
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 16:47:29 GMT
> I think I've been misunderstood. I am referring to the <configuration>
> element that can contain whatever is necessary for configuration.

Oh, I see, but...

> If the site is generated through a plugin, then by all means, configure
> the plugin.

... this issue is about site deployment, not site generation. And the URLs
controlling site deployment are subject to the ModelInheritanceAssembler. I
mean, once the build gets to the Site Plugin it's too late because the
plugin cannot distinguish whether a URL was specified explicitly by the user
or implicitly via Maven. This is not about fixing the Site Plugin, it's a
core thing.

Benjamin