maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject Re: Status of maven-shade-plugin?
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 23:23:52 GMT
Dan Fabulich wrote:

> I didn't realize that shade had a JIRA project at the time, so I didn't file
> bugs... I'll file them now.

OK, I've filed bugs MSHADE-5 through MSHADE-9.  MSHADE-9 [failure to shade
plexus-archiver (interfaces not properly shaded)] is the absolute
show-stopper, though MSHADE-5 [50% of the time I run the shade plugin,
it's unable to replace the original jar] blocks my use of shade also.

IMO I don't think MSHADE-5 should be fixed directly, but instead we should
fix MSHADE-7 [Shade should generate code, not replace the jar].

-Dan