maven-dev mailing list archives

From Xavier Le Vourch <xav...@brittanysoftware.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r599597 - in /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-pmd-plugin: pom.xml src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/pmd/CpdReport.java src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/pmd/PmdReport.java src/test/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/pmd/CpdReportTest.java
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 23:37:16 GMT

After discussing with Daniel Kulp over irc, I submitted a new bundle
upload request for pmd:pmd-jdk14 that should fix the problem. If that
works, both bundles will be created for future releases of pmd.

That new artifact adds extra dependencies on backport-util-concurrent
and retroweaver-rt.

Xavier

Xavier Le Vourch wrote:
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> Judging by the Continuum report, this is the check in that broke
>> maven-pmd-plugin. PMD 4.1 seems to be compiled with Java 1.5.
>

> Yes, pmd 4.1 has been compiled with and requires java 1.5 to run (it was
> changed for pmd 4.0) but there is a 1.4 compatible version included in
> the release (in java14) that uses retroweaver to generate the jar files
> and also depends on the retroweaver runtime to run.
>
> Let me know if you want me to create a bundle for the pmd14-4.1.jar and
> how that should coexist with the 1.5 based version.
>

> Xavier
>

>> dkulp@apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: dkulp
>>> Date: Thu Nov 29 14:09:50 2007
>>> New Revision: 599597

>>> Log:
>>> [MPMD-59] Update to PMD 4.1 (patch from Xavier Le Vourch applied with
>>> other fixes needed)

- --
Xavier Le Vourch
Brittany Software, Inc.
<xavier@brittanysoftware.com>

PGP Key (ID 0x896C5947): http://brittanysoftware.com/gpg_key.asc
Key fingerprint: 73B3 6370 B8C5 4325 F2D8  4115 0372 5805 896C 5947