maven-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release process
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:43:17 GMT
On Monday 10 December 2007, olivier lamy wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to work on release for maven-invoker-plugin (and
> maven-invoker). For this there are two things to release maven-invoker
> and maven-invoker-plugin.
> Does this needs two separate votes ?

One is fine as long as the vote is very clear that you are voting for
BOTH artifacts and it shows the locations where they are both staged
(could be a single stage repo) and both tags, etc....

> But first, is the documentation here [1] up to date ?

No.  I don't think so.   Step 5 seems wrong as that would result in them
deploying to the sync repo immediately instead of after the vote.   I
think:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html
is closer to correct.

> Can I do this as I'm not a PMC ?

Yes.   But only the PMC votes are binding.

> An other newbie question : what I have to do with gpg key. Is it
> needed for artifacts deployed on the repo ?

Yep.  That's an apache requirement.  All released artifacts, even those
going into the maven repository, should be gpg signed.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer