maven-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: User license acceptance db+plugin thingy for Maven
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:57:30 GMT

Jason,

If you DO start going down this route, definitely steal the code from
remote-resources that merges in supplimental data to augment all the
crappy poms that don't have license information in them, especially the
poms from Sun.   It would be great if both plugins could use the same
supplimental data.

(If you need an example that shows the supplimental data in use, look at
CXF)

Dan

On Saturday 01 December 2007, Jason Dillon wrote:
> Maybe we need a plugin to require users to accept a set of
> dependencies licenses... caching the results per-artifact or group,
> etc... so the user can just mass accept a projects deps licenses once
> and then be done with it?
>
> Can work in similar fashion to enforcer... or maybe even a rule for
> the enforcer?
>
> Hrm.... I started a plugin and then like an idiot I accidentally rm -
> rf'd the wrong tree when I was about to check it in.  But I might
> rebuild it...
>
> --jason

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer