maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Surefire 2.3.1
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:59:18 GMT

Mauro Talevi wrote:
> firstly, nothing prevents us from releasing a 2.3.2 right after a 2.3.1.

If an ordinary user may disturb:
I really appreciate Mauro's attitude. For my taste, there could be more
maintenance releases. Please consider that not all Maven users can/want to
build plugins from source just to get a snapshot with a long awaited bugfix.
Furthermore, a shorter release cycle will produce more release artifacts,
giving users more possibilities to hack their POM if they find the latest
release not usuable.

Benjamin Bentmann