maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalyan Akella" <kalyan.ake...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven runs surefire plugin for testing by default. How to change this?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:43:10 GMT
Ok. I resolved the issue. The problem is that, I must use the "
maven.test.skip.exec" parameter and not the "maven.test.skip" parameter
while suppressing surefire. Using the former causes the test class
compilation to occur but not their execution, which is what I need, while
the latter suppresses the test class compilation itself. Thanks for all the
help.

Thank you.
Kalyan.

On 11/1/07, Kalyan Akella <kalyan.akella@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> I corrected an error in my project POM (related to profiles) and hence now
> maven invokes my test plugin during the test phase, as expected. However, as
> I mentioned in my earlier mail, the usage of the maven.test.skip parameter
> causes maven to skip the testCompile phase as well. See the logs below:
>
>  [INFO] [resources:testResources]
> [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
> [INFO] Not compiling test sources
> [INFO] [surefire:test]
> [INFO] Tests are skipped.
> [INFO] [war:war]
> [INFO] Exploding webapp...
>
> As a result, my test-plugin isn't able to find any test classes to execute
> and hence isn't doing anything. Is there a way to avoid this from happening.
> (Also, due to certain constraints, I regret for not being able to share the
> source code of my plugin for now.). Please help.
>
> Thank you.
> Kalyan.
>

> On 11/1/07, Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org> wrote:
> >
> > Send me your plugin and a sample project with tests and I'll take a
> > look.
> >
> > On 31 Oct 07, at 5:20 PM 31 Oct 07, Kalyan Akella wrote:
> >
> > > Moreover, when I set the maven.skip.test to true, apart from not
> > > invoking my
> > > test plugin, maven, doesn't even compile the test sources as is
> > > evident from
> > > the following logs:
> > >
> > > [INFO] [resources:testResources]
> > > [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
> > > [INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
> > > [INFO] Not compiling test sources
> > > [INFO] [surefire:test]
> > > [INFO] Tests are skipped.
> > > [INFO] [war:war]
> > > [INFO] Exploding webapp...
> > >
> > > This is an even bigger problem which means that even if I
> > > eventually, get my
> > > test plugin to work it doesn't find any test classes to execute! Is
> > > this a
> > > problem with Maven or my configuration. Please help.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > > Kalyan

I need

POM to