maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalyan Akella" <kalyan.ake...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven runs surefire plugin for testing by default. How to change this?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 00:20:14 GMT
Moreover, when I set the maven.skip.test to true, apart from not invoking my
test plugin, maven, doesn't even compile the test sources as is evident from
the following logs:

[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Not compiling test sources
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Tests are skipped.
[INFO] [war:war]
[INFO] Exploding webapp...

This is an even bigger problem which means that even if I eventually, get my
test plugin to work it doesn't find any test classes to execute! Is this a
problem with Maven or my configuration. Please help.

Thank you.
Kalyan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kalyan Akella <kalyan.akella@gmail.com>
Date: Nov 1, 2007 5:30 AM
Subject: Re: Maven runs surefire plugin for testing by default. How to
change this?
To: Maven Developers List <dev@maven.apache.org>

I have included the following annotations (in the Javadoc comments) inside
my plugin class:
@phase test
@goal test
And, in the main project POM, I am calling my plugin this way,

<project>
    <profiles>
        <profile>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>sample.plugin</groupId>
                        <artifactId>maven-sample-plugin</artifactId>
                        <version>1.0</version>
<!-- The following section should be redundant as the annontations in the
plugin class should take case of phase & goal-->
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>test</goal>
                                </goals>
                                <phase>test</phase>

<inherited>false</inherited>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                        <configuration>
                            <includes>
                                <param>.*Test.class</param>
                            </includes>
                            <excludes>
                                <param>.*Abstract.* Test.class</param>
                                <param>.*$.*.class</param>
                                <param>.*Poller.*.class</param>
                            </excludes>
                        </configuration>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>

Still, Maven doesn't invoke my test plugin during the test phase. Could you
please help.
 Thank you.
Kalyan.