maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Using a graph to resolve dependencies
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:19:44 GMT
Mark, Ralph,

You'll probably be interested in the artifact graph code that went in
as the conflict resolution and dependency management are natural fall
outs of the work. The old code works perfectly fine and I just have to
obfuscate a couple JARs and I can publish a little dependency viewer
that Oleg whipped off with a donated version of yFiles. Once we put
that up then I think we can visually see the behavior of the mechanism
and work through the flaws by seeing them. We can make some pictures
and then throw out the scenarios for discussion. After the tree is
produced, creating a graph with conflict resolution techniques is
pretty straight forward but deciding how the POM should change to have
the various conflict resolvers activated will require a bit of dialog
I imagine.
Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl