maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Article on Maven Usage
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 03:32:34 GMT
As Brett said this is kind of tough.  I work for a large company and if
I had to guess I'd say that the 100 maven users number is being met. But
that is on lots of projects across a fairly large company. Many of these
projects are dependent on each other but are only tied to each other
through the Maven repository and the web sites the projects publish.  In
a way, this isn't very different then saying each of your in-house
projects are treated much like the projects at Apache - they are just
other things you are dependent on. If you were to count the development
teams involved in those you are easily over 100 developers in those
projects alone.

Do you really have a single project with 100+ developers - or is it
really a bunch of subprojects with their own development teams?

Ralph