maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Using GIT
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:50:02 GMT
Hi,

Just finished a first round trip using GIT, the published Maven
repositories, and pushing back to SVN. Other then something I hosed up
with the .svn entries it was a painless experience. Had to wire up a
couple scripts but not a big deal. I did the SVN clone locally and
rsync'd it to the remote machine. Oleg pulled from the remote machine
here:

http://git.sonatype.org/

And then I just pulled back from a repository that Oleg published. The
merging was so easy with GIT and then I just pushed it all back to SVN.

Anyone who wants to try and contribute more I highly recommend using
GIT. It's actually nice to use and I would say it was a success.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven