maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how we handle JIRA versions
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:29:56 GMT

On 02/08/2007, at 8:12 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> What is your definition of site and documentation. I'm not sure I
> see how you mean. For me site is project related and documentation
> is product related.

Yep, that's a good definition. I'm thinking here it's the difference
between versioned and unversioned content.

>> I think it will be a case that users rarely care about the site,
>> and only the docs, so they'll file in the right place. And if we
>> can put links on all pages that say how to report an issue with
>> that page, that'd be even better :)
>
> Now that'd be a cool feature. Wouldn't it be possible for a skin to
> access the issueManagement element of the pom? Then we could add an
> optional link on every generated page that goes to the issue
> managing system:

> with this page</a>
>
> Can a skin have a configuration section like a plugin? Otherwise we
> might use a property from the pom. Would be nice to be able to
> switch this on/off in some way.

It's a velocity template so it should be straightforward to access a
property and make it conditional. We probably need general properties
in the site descriptor, but this might even be a good element to add
to the model.

Thanks,
Brett