maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Florian Traverse" <florian.trave...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven plugin using ant
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:34:49 GMT
Hi guys,
and sorry if it's not the good mailing list(may be the user list would be
more appropriate, but it's a maven plugin development so ...).

I would like to extend Maven with a JSDoc Toolkit plugin in order to
document some big javascript projects.
To do this I just have to : launch the Rhino JAR  with a javascript embedded
in the plugin and configure some options (
http://code.google.com/p/jsdoc-toolkit/wiki/CmdlineOptions )

So I have decided to use the ant plugin approach : I followed this tutorial
http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-ant-plugin-development.html then
tried to do 2 things:

- use the rhino.jar as a dependence of my plugin, and I refer it through the
localrepository variable ${settings.localRepository} (I haven't found any
other way to do it :'( ). It's ok but it's not a good way to do this ( <java
jar="${localRepository}\rhino\js\1.6R5\js-1.6R5.jar" ... )

- call with the jar my app/run.js which is in my plugin resources
(src/main/resources). I cannot find any accessible variable to do this :'(

Yes this plugin should be very simple to create... but ... there is a real
lack of documentation on how to acces differente critical resources (plugin
dependencies, plugin resources)

Tried this ones :
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/MavenPropertiesGuide
and those too: