maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Announcing Mavenizer 1.0.0-alpha-1
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 05:06:22 GMT
Hi Cédric,

Looks very cool. Nice work!

I was wondering if you've seen the maven-shared-jar component? http://
maven.apache.org/shared/maven-shared-jar/

This seems like something you could use (and if you have some
additional features, as it appears you do, you might contribute them
back). This would help use the same logic for identification across
multiple applications - the project dependency reports, and Archiva
for example.

While it dropped down my list recently, I'm about 2/3 done cleaning
up or "Aardvark" code base which also uses this. It has some similar
objectives to Mavenizer, but so far seems to have addressed the
opposite use cases - it has a Swing UI and primarily does things like
project.xml and build.xml conversion (though dependency selection is
an important part of that). It might be good to keep in touch?
Original mail: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/
200705.mbox/%3C4F599CD0-1AA3-4834-AEFB-323E500BC8B3@apache.org%3E

Cheers,
Brett