maven-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Warski <awar...@redhat.com>
Subject A simple improvement of the jar plugin
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:59:07 GMT
Hello,
	I would like to suggest a simple improvement of the jar plugin: a new
property, specifying the artifact extension (it is now a hardcoded
".jar"). There are some cases where it would be useful to change it ---
for example when creating a jboss microcontainer archive, which is
simply a jar with a .beans extension. I have done some research, and I
think the only way to have a ".beans" packaging is to write a plugin.
This is quite simple, but could be much simpler :)

--
Regards,
Adam Warski