maven-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject 1.0-alpha-6 release of archetype plugin is hosed
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:14:01 GMT
I had to edit my local copy of the plugin pom to look like this;

   <dependencyManagement>
     <dependencies>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-model</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-6</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-core</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-6</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-creator</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-6</version>
       </dependency>
     </dependencies>
   </dependencyManagement>

it did look like this;

   <dependencyManagement>
     <dependencies>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-model</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-core</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-creator</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
       </dependency>
     </dependencies>
   </dependencyManagement>

Which causes the archetype plugin to fail because the 1.0-alpha-5
stuff does not exist.

TTFN,

-bd

> The maven team is pleased to announce the maven archetype plugin
> 1.0-alpha-6 release.
>
> This release substitutes the failed 1.0-alpha-5 release too.
>
> Issues fixed
>
> ARCHETYPE-78      Dependencies listed as version ${project.version} in
> maven-archetype prevent the use of archetypes
> ARCHETYPE-60    Archetype Documentation Incorrect
> ARCHETYPE-38    The archetype is using user.dir which prohibits
> clean embedding
>
> Change log
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
> reset=true&pid=11095&fixfor=13683