maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Barrie Treloar" <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tool to clean snapshots from the repo
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 04:51:43 GMT
On 5/17/07, Brian E. Fox <brianf@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> Heh. I fill up a 300gb disk every 3 weeks ;-)

Our app build is 800Mb each build, in the end I set top level modules
to include in the pom:

  <distributionManagement>
    <snapshotRepository>
      <id>inhouse_snapshot</id>
      <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
      <url>scp://NUCLEUS/usr/local/www/default/maven2_repositories/inhouse_snapshot</url>
    </snapshotRepository>

So that there is only every 1 snapshot per release.

You will never want to be able to pull out an older snapshot release
for a top level module (application, ear, war, etc) but you may wish
to revert to an older utility jar.

I too thought about writing a tool. However after a manual purge and
uniqueVersion=false, my disk space issues have gone away.