maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r502089 - /maven/release/trunk/maven-release-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugins/release/PrepareReleaseMojo.java
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 22:55:43 GMT
Using the manual resolution would only work if an earlier step in the
release:prepare process had definitely built all the dependencies.

However, there is an alternative: you can combine the reactor
projects (which you should have), with the artifacts returned from
manual resolution (and using the filtering to omit the projects in
the reactor when you perform that).

Long term, we should reintroduce the tag when Maven itself can
properly cope with the projects not being installed.

- Brett