maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kenney Westerhof <ken...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archetype packaging
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 12:27:45 GMT

Hi,

That kind of metadata is not handled by packaging, but by the artifact manager.

What do you need this for?

If it's to automatically list all available archetypes, that would be great.
We should generalize that by having a special kind of metadata in special groups,
like org/apache/maven/metadata/(metadata-group)/ or similar, so we can centrally
store package handlers, plugin metadata, archetypes etc. spanning different groupId's.
There'd be a central place (groupid) in each repository for storing that information.

If you need this for something totally different, then n/m the above, just wanted to
pitch this in since it's been on my mind for a while now.

-- Kenney