maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Maven Ant Tasks Work
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 20:57:17 GMT
Le lundi 28 mai 2007, Jason van Zyl a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to a big push by Herve Boutemy we have a lot of improvements
> to the Maven Ant Tasks and accompanying documentation.
Thanks for your time committing patches.

> We can probably do another release shortly.
This time, Maven Ant Tasks 2.0.7 could be ready before Maven 2.0.7 itself :)

> Herve, if you want to continue with some work on the tasks I think if
> we focus on cleaning up the actual Ant task code and correcting the
> issues there then we can tackle some bigger issues. The one thing
> that is sorely lacking are some tests of the tasks.
That's the rationale behind MANTTASKS-69, then MANTTASKS-18 (I'll have to
rework it after MANTTASKS-69 has been commited).

> Is there a standard testing harness for Ant tasks that we could employ?
MANTTASKS-18 contains some simple tests. For more extended ones, AntUnit seems
to be a good candidate: http://ant.apache.org/antlibs/antunit/. I'll have to
try...

> Also if
> you have any categories you want to add to JIRA to make tracking
> issues easier let me know and I'll add them.
No, I have no idea for the moment.

> For anyone interested in the issues you can find them here:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
> reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/
> field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=11533&fixfor=-1
>
> After a little more cleanup I would like to use the Embedder in the
> trunk version and create a facade for the Embedder in the branch so
> that we can at least keep the Ant task code in sync. If all access is
> then done through the embedder and embedder facade then it should be
> manageable to keep them in sync. I would like to hide all the
> artifact resolution details and after looking at the code for a we do
> need full integration with Maven itself. We need to use POMs and
> Settings and the behavior there has to be the same as it is in Maven
> so that when people migrate completely over to Maven the behavior
> remains consistent.
I don't really understand what the Embedder is, but the intend is very
interesting.

> I think we can do a release with all the fixes that have been made in
> last few days and then we can tackle adding some testing and using
> the embedder (or embedder facade).
I'm really interested in SNAPSHOT handling, both for download und deploy:
MANTTASKS-18, 23, 67. I don't know if Embedder is nedded for that. But unit
tests are a first step I'll work on for MANTTASKS-18.

> There are some suggestions for
> some very useful features like calculating the build order so people
> can do pseudo reactor builds in Maven. This gives people another
> bridge into Maven capabilities without making the full leap which
> makes migration easier.
>
> Thanks for all your work Herve, the Ant tasks are starting to look
> and work a lot better.
Thanks for your help.