maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Common base directory for staging releases
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:48:55 GMT
On 4/1/07, Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org> wrote:

> I wanted to setup a common base directory for staging releases so
> that each person doesn't have to change their setting each time they
> stage, or use a -D parameter. I would just like to have a commons
> base directory and then use information about the project to
> construct the staging repository. How about:
>
> http://people.apache.org/staging-repositories/${project}/
>
> Then other projects can do the same, so ours would be:
>
> http://people.apache.org/staging-repositories/maven/

There is already http://people.apache.org/builds/${project}, mentioned
in the release FAQ [1] as being for nightly builds, in practice it's
also used for staging and releases that aren't put on the mirrors for
whatever reason.

And I just change <distributionManagement><release>, since I never
want anything deployed directly to the rsynced repo.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
.
--
Wendy