maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating a schedule for releases
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 14:17:24 GMT

On 02/04/2007, at 11:55 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to do this.

Totally agree. And drawing this information into a known, persistent,
and up-to-date location can only help get more people involved. The
most successful releases will come when 3, 4 or more people are
popping in fixes in those 4-6 weeks.

Just to highlight what I was getting at in the previous mail and the
site mail earlier (though it probably goes without saying) - this
will only be successful if everyone is also diligent about things
like maintaining JIRA, CI (when it gets running again), testing, and
some level of documentation throughout the whole release cycle.
There's not much point cutting a release on time if it drops in
stability or %complete in terms of tests or docs. That's all I was
getting at.

- Brett