maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Maven 2.0.6 Released
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:10:40 GMT

On 2 Apr 07, at 1:01 PM 2 Apr 07, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On 4/1/07, Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org> wrote:
>> On 1 Apr 07, at 9:04 AM 1 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>> > Should this include the full change log like previous releases?
>>
>> I added a pointer to the roadmap, I don't think we need to entirely
>> replicate the list produced by JIRA. But users should be able to
>> navigate from the release notes to the full list of fixes.
>
> IMO, the list needs to be in svn (and I added it).  JIRA issues can be
> reopened and edited, and may disappear from the generated list.

So then the pointers to those issues are just as meaningless. If you
don't retain some integrity in the issue management system then
what's the point really?

Just copying text around doesn't have much value. I don't think it
happens that often that an issue is removed. If any text is going to
be added it should be the changes text with full descriptions. I
don't see much use in copying text out of JIRA.

> And
> JIRA itself isn't guaranteed to live forever-- plain text in svn has a
> much longer lifespan.

So when they reference bad information in the site you're going to go
back and edit it to make it correct again?

Jason.