maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing Maven Ant Tasks
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 14:07:53 GMT
On 01/04/2007, at 11:55 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 1 Apr 07, at 9:41 AM 1 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> I still find the versioning confusing, even if the artifact ID has
>> changed. This seems like it should be 2.1 to me
>
> 2.1 or 2.0.6? These are matched against 2.0.6. Is the confusion not
> matching the version against the base release of Maven they are using?

Fine either way as long as we're consistent (ie, 2.0.6 if we're
always going to track the Maven version, but I thought we were moving
away from that). It'd be my preference (maybe a little longer term)
that the ant tasks declared it's maven dependency as 'provided' and
the user decided what maven version to use and we versioned these
according to how they advance themselves.

>> (with the features added in those patches) if it is going down the
>> separate version path.
>>
>> As for inclusions, I couldn't find the issue, though was sure
>> there was one, to make it compatible with Ant 1.7 (requires some
>> refactoring).
>>

> I'll take a quick look and see if I can find it. But that would
> probably be good.

I found this one: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTTASKS-43
(though it wasn't the one I was looking for)

The one I was thinking of was: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/
MANTTASKS-44 (I've reopened & moved it from MNG where it had been
closed mistakenly)

- Brett