maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: -Dmaven.repo.local as a option to mvn
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 21:21:41 GMT

On 5 Apr 07, at 4:29 PM 5 Apr 07, Jason Dillon wrote:

> A while ago I heard that the -Dmaven.repo.local property was
> deprecated and was going to be removed in the future.

The system property will not be used, but an option will be available
and is already support in the MavenExecutionRequest so that for each
invocation you can have a different local repository being used. I
added this for testing and we can expose it easily. System properties
are crap for embedding which is why it was removed, the per request
local repository option is a good thing.

Jason.