maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: maven-install-plugin :: Cannot override read-only parameter: artifactId ?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:46:23 GMT
Aighty I figured this out... the tag for maven-install-plugin-2.1 has
groupId, artifactId, version, packaging and file all marked with
'@readonly'.  The latest trunk of maven-install-plugin does not have
these tags.

So, with 2.1 you can only `mvn install:install-file` from the command-
line, and can not use the install-file goal from an execution.

We need to get 2.2 released.

  * * *

This worked for me before because I had built 2.2-SNAPSHOT locally
(to test my forceVersion patch) and mvn decided to pick that up...
not sure why though.  Why would mvn pick up a locally built SNAPSHOT
and use that instead of the released 2.1?  I don't like the magical
RELEASE stuff anyways... but I'd not expect that when a <version> for
a plugin is omitted that mvn would pick up a non-release to use
instead if it finds one in my repo cache.

--jason