maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Ant Tasks 2.0.6
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 05:01:20 GMT

On 8 Apr 07, at 11:39 PM 8 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:

> -1

You missed the window by a long shot but I haven't copied the staging
directory over, but please try and check things before the window
elapses.

I left to others to check and there are no tests and the sample is
hardwired to the version being tested so it is rather brittle and I
didn't improve anything there so I got caught out. In the tag it
makes the uber jar fine so not sure what happened during the release.
I'll track it down. Worked before and does now, so during the process
of releasing something went awry.

> The uberjar does not work equivalently to the last release, as it
> does not contain the lightweight http wagon. I've filed this as
> MANTTASKS-64. I also noticed that the uberjar is larger than the
> previous one, despite omitting some things - I wonder if something
> was unnecessarily included?
>
> Also, I think the documentation needs to be updated to reflect the
> new packaging (file rename, and the two options available).

Sure, that's easy enough to fix.

> Finally, not a blocker, but I think since ant 1.7 is the current
> release the tasks should work with it. This is already filed as
> MANTTASKS-44.

Given it's been almost a year since the release I'll pass on that one
for now and just get them out.

Jason.