maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Common base directory for staging releases
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 17:01:16 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to setup a common base directory for staging releases so
that each person doesn't have to change their setting each time they
stage, or use a -D parameter. I would just like to have a commons
base directory and then use information about the project to
construct the staging repository. How about:

http://people.apache.org/staging-repositories/${project}/

Then other projects can do the same, so ours would be:

http://people.apache.org/staging-repositories/maven/

And then we can just use something like this for each staging repo:

http://people.apache.org/staging-repositories/maven/${artifactId}-$
{version}

Once we figure this out then we can change the profile accordingly so
that the staging just works with little or no configuration mucking.

Thanks,

Jason.