maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: site changes (was: svn commit: r524511)
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:28:22 GMT

On 02/04/2007, at 11:04 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 1 Apr 07, at 7:35 PM 1 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> I couldn't build a correct site out of the box with these changes,
>> due to:
>>
>> - using the site plugin latest release (which is the default), I
>> get ${currentVersion} and other stuff showing up as text
>> - I tried to build the site plugin snapshot, but it doesn't
>> compile due to out of date doxia snapshots
>>
>> I'm now adding the site plugin snapshot to the site pom and
>> deploying doxia snapshots.
>>

> I needed to deploy them, though CI should be taking care of this,
> and another great reason to have the snapshot repositories in by
> default. I should not, nor should anyone else, have to worry about
> this.

I agree. I'll fire up the one on the zone again as soon as
continuum-1.1-alpha-1 is out.

> Now when they are released we would have to remove those
> repositories to be accurate.

Having a default repository won't help with this. You just won't be
able to do that for plugins until we fix the versioning aspect, and
after that declaring snapshot repos is harmless as they are only used
when requested (like the non-plugin ones in every asf release via the
parent pom)

> This is a perfect example of why providing more defaults and fewer
> types of repositories is good. This just shouldn't happen with CI
> running and snapshot infrastructure. It's part of daily development
> using and not using snapshots.

I agree, I was just letting you know what I'd done and why.

- Brett