maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Jerome Lacoste" <jerome.laco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration Testing
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:43:15 GMT
On 2/24/07, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> On 04/01/2007, at 4:32 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
> > Jason - any further thoughts on this?
>
> Ping... No is a valid answer :)
>
> I'd like to get your summary put somewhere individuals can pick
> things off to work on - probably a jira project for shared. WDYT?
>
> I'm overcommitted for working on things right now, but I know a
> couple of people are confused about the IT testing, and we've got all
> those chronically broken plugins. Volunteers?

I want to improve the state of IT for the mojos I work with (in
particular in the mojo project). I am particularly interested in doing
it in an sort of official/standard way.

    - [ ] We need to standardize on integration testing in general. We
          have people going all over the place and it's a disaster.
        - [ ] We have too many IT plugins (3)
        - [ ] We have too many invokers (5)
        - [ ] We have too many verifiers (3)

I've found this:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/committer-testing-plugins.html

Does that represent the current IT strategy 'standard' ? Was that
written after the point above was resolved ?

Cheers,

Jerome