maven-dev mailing list archives

From "John Casey" <casey.joh...@gmail.com>
Subject [vote] Attempt 3: Release maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-1
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:55:04 GMT
Hi everyone,

This is the third attempt, after fixing:

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-194<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-155>

This bugfix actualy adds a new flag to the dependencySet, called
useTransitiveFiltering, which allows you to enable filtering by matching  a
given pattern against the transitive dependency path of the given artifact
(in addition to all the other ways). By default, this is disabled
(useTransitiveFiltering == false), in order to preserve backward compat with
version 2.1.

So, let's try this one more time:

I wanted to call a vote to release a beta version of the new assembly
plugin. There are still some outstanding issues (though not as many as jira
would have you believe; they just need tests), but I think we're at around
95-99% backward compatibility and the new features seem to be working well.
It's been just sitting in SVN for quite awhile now, and many people are
using it directly from there. I'd like to provide better support for those
people, and start getting more feedback on exactly what's still broken.

The change list is pretty large, but is mainly concerned with refactoring
the plugin away from the old monolithic approach to one that uses phases to
handle the different descriptor sections, along with common task classes to
handle behavior shared between phases.

Road Map:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11126&styleName=Html&version=12617

Tag:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-1

Staging repository:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/repo<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejdcasey/stage/repo>

So, let's try 72h +1/+0/-1. Please cast your votes!

Here's my +1.

-john