maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: [Vote] Move plugin site.xml up to Maven or Shared
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 21:28:32 GMT
Binding: +6(Brian, John, Dennis, Brett, Jason, Emmanuel)
Non-Binding: + 3(Andy,John T, Maria)

I will make the changes and stage the main site before pushing it out.

What are we doing with the links that are present on plugins but not on
the main site? It seems to me that they should be the same in both
locations (either with or without).

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E. Fox [mailto:brianf@reply.infinity.nu]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:39 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: [Vote] Move plugin site.xml up to Maven or Shared

Currently only plugins get a nice looking skin that matches the main
maven.apache.org page because the site.xml exists in the plugin project.
Other things like shared get a homely looking default skin. I see two
options here:

1.      Move the site.xml up to the maven pom. This is preferred so that
all submodules of maven can get the standard skin and override it if
they choose.

2.      Copy the site.xml over to the shared pom. This is less intrusive
but doesn't cover all submodules that come along.

Vote:

[ X ] Move to Maven Pom

[ ] Copy to shared

Vote is open for 72 hrs.