maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: maven-enforcer-plugin
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 01:59:19 GMT
Ok I understand now. Lets punt alpha-1 and then we can play around with
various options to get this information. It will probably represent an
addition to the rule interface so it won't be intrusive (and if it is,
well it's alpha-1 ;-)  )

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerome Lacoste [mailto:jerome.lacoste@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 7:05 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: maven-enforcer-plugin

On 4/3/07, Brian E. Fox <brianf@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> > The Require OS Version rules docs is using <goal>os</goal> instead
of

> Good catch. I'll make that change.
>
> > Is it close to time for a release of 1.0-alpha-1 of this puppy yet?
>
> Getting there. I want to explore Jerome's comments about reports and a
> vistor pattern. I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it, but
I'm
> not sure how a visitor would help here. We really are only interested
in
> the message coming back. A report mojo could catch all the rule
results
> and report them. Comments? What am I missing?

Don't block the release of alpha-1 for that.

I wanted to have a report that says: this project requires maven 2.0.6
and SDK 1.5 without having to look at the pom.

Why a Visitor? Because you can specify your rule implementation, and
that might represent a complex rule, so I thought that only the rule
would be able to know about its configuration and the meaning of the
values. I don't like the idea in particular but that was the first one
that came to my head.

Another idea is to just publish the XML fragment for the plugin
configuration with each node linked to the rule APIs for further
documentation. That should be sufficient and simpler...

Cheers,

Jerome